Applied MS Excel for BusinessCity University London
En Islington (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Basic IT training
Microsoft excel training
What will I learn?
- Review of writing arithmetic formulas - precedence of operators and the proper use of brackets
- The formula for compound interest (the most important basis of financial mathematics)
- Goal Seek - this tool has many and varied uses when working with mathematical formulae, often making it much easier to get answers to difficult questions.
- Calculating depreciation using Goal Seek and without using the built in functions
- Calculating depreciation using the built in functions DB and SLN
- The use of the IF function in Excel to analyse and interpret input data - e.g. grading student marks, calculating discounts, and wage bonus calculation.
- The use of nested IF functions is covered extensively to deal with more complicated problems.
- Filling in an order form with the aid of drop-down lists, automatic price lookup and calculation of discount
- The use of the database functions (DCOUNT, DSUM and DAVERAGE) to produce an automatically updating monthly report
- Analyse tabular information using Pivot Table Wizard (for example data gathered about voting patterns in an election)
- An introduction to recording and writing simple Visual Basic Macro programs and suggested uses of simple macros
- The use of Scenario Manager in a forecasting environment
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- use Intermediate level and some Advanced level facilities of the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet package such as Goal Seek, Scenario Manager, the VLOOKUP function, Pivot Tables and simple Macros
- use DSUM, DAVERAGE,DCOUNT functions, using multiple extraction criteria to summarise information in a database table
- use complex nested formulae and logical tests in a business context (e.g. working out bonus payments linked to performance)
- design tree diagrams to analyse situations where more complex examples of nested formulae and logical tests are required
- demonstrate an understanding of the variety of solutions that exist within Excel to common business scenarios; be capable of selecting an appropriate one.