Computing and Information Systems BSc (Hons)Anglia Ruskin University
£7.750 - ($6.387.717)
- Bachelor's degree
- Peterborough (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Skills and Training
What sets this course apart is its degree of flexibility. It is ideal if you wish to gain a wide range of computing skills from web design and networking to database management and/or are still uncertain which area of computing you are best suited to.
The course is designed around your personal development and contains a number of modules created specifically to encourage your professional growth and studies, eg from Pathway Development Skills in the first semester to subsequent networking modules where content is designed to facilitate the possibility of acquiring additional Cisco qualifications.
During your studies you will be encouraged to acquire key practical skills to help you build a broad-based knowledge of computing from which to make informed choices re developing specialist in-depth knowledge in your preferred areas.
Year one core modules
- Fundamentals of Design or Introduction to Computer Gaming
Year two core modules
- Group Design Project or Games Design and Development
Year three core modules
- Undergraduate Major Project
Year one optional modules
- Computer Systems
- Design for Internet
- Introduction to Programming
- Pathway Development Skills
Year two optional modules
- Computer Network Principles
- Database Design and Implementation
- Interaction & Usability
- Internet Databases
- Management of IT
- OO Programming
- Project Management and Quality
Year three optional modules
- Advanced Databases
- Change and Risk Management
- Computer-based Learning Environments
- Computer-mediated Marketing
- Emerging Technologies
- Network Management
- Professional Issues: Computing and Society
- Software Development in Application Frameworks
- Windows Application Development
Option module availability depends on campus of delivery, not all options are offered at all campuses.
Assessment is via a mix of examination, group assessment, presentations, class- and laboratory-based tests, case studies, group project work and the Major Project. These develop your abilities to solve problems (both on your own and as part of a team), to communicate effectively, and be self-motivated.