Clinical Supervision for Supervisors & Supervisees in PracticeAnglia Ruskin University
£9.250 - ($7.610.469)
- Cambridge (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
The One Day Workshop is aimed at staff in clinical supervisory role and to those receiving supervision. It provides a reminder for practitioners of the principles of clinical supervision, offering them the opportunity to consider how clinical supervision can be implemented for great impact clinically.Untitled Page
Clinical supervision has been repeatedly recommended by the Department of Health as good practice for nurses and other healthcare professionals. It is a formal relationship between one or more healthcare professionals, with the purpose of promoting the supervisee's professional and educational development and of their learning from clinical experience.
Participants will experience a clinical supervision group, and engage in critical reflection on relevant facilitating knowledge, skills and values to inform clinical supervision in their practice environment. Emphasis is placed upon active participation in focused group exercises for easy practice transferability.
For participants to:
- Develop a critical appreciation of clinical supervision, and recognise the requirements for effective supervision.
- Consider how clinical priorities, professional values and best practice are promoted through engaging in clinical supervision, either in individual or group settings
- Critically reflect on their experience of clinical supervision, and develop strategies for greater impact of clinical supervision in every day practice.
- Different forms of supervision including one to one, group and action learning set
- Rationale for on-going clinical supervision
- Clinical supervision within the context of enhancing inter-professional relationships and care outcomes at team and organisational levels
- The different roles of Clinical Supervisor and Supervisee including responsibility and accountability
- Developing strategies for successful implementation of clinical supervision for the delivery of sound practice.
- Experiencing facilitating group clinical supervision, and avoiding pitfalls when providing supervision.
Hawkins R, Shohet R (2012). “Supervision for the caring professions.” 4th ed. Berkshire: McGraw-Hill Education: Open University Press.