Curso de Inglés Legal InternacionalAcademia de Idiomas Total
1.155€ - ($813.151)
- Murcia (España)
- 100 horas de clase
Se crean grupos por nivel. El mínimo necesario es A2.
Preparación para el ILEC
Curso de inglés para jurídico orientado a profesionales que desarrollan su actividad en contextos legales relacionados con transaciones internacionales, asuntos legales con expatriados, ventas y en general con todos los aspectos legales que requieren de un dominio específico de la lengua inglesa.
ILEC is an examination set at levels B2 and C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
ILEC is equivalent in level to the Cambridge First Certificate in English and Certificate in Advanced English, and assesses language skills in a legal context. Examinations at the C1 level may be used as proof of the level of language necessary to work in an international legal context or to follow a course of legal study at university level.
The content of ILEC
ILEC comprises the Test of Reading, the Test of Writing, the Test of Listening and the Test of Speaking. Each test is based on realistic texts, tasks and topics similar to those practitioners would expect to encounter in their daily working lives.
The examination texts and topics are set in the context of international commercial law. The following list is an illustration of some of the areas of law featured in ILEC:
• Business associations
• Sale of goods
• Real property
• Intellectual property
• Negotiable instruments
• Secured transactions
• Aspects of international law
The ILEC examination will also cover relevant aspects of legal practice.
The level of ILEC
ILEC assesses English language ability used in a legal context at Council of Europe ‘Vantage' Level (B2) and Council of Europe ‘Effective Operational Proficiency' Level (C1) for general language proficiency.
Recognition of ILEC
ILEC is recognised by leading associations of lawyers including:
• the European Company Lawyers Association
• the European Law Students Association
• the International Association of Young Lawyers, and
• the European Young Bar Association.
Areas of Law in ILEC
Legal education and training
Structure of law firms
Areas lawyers practise in
Client care procedures including correspondence (letters of advice,
Civil court systems and types of law
Persons in court
Documents in court
Lawyer - client privilege and matters of confidentiality
Corporate governance: rights and responsibilities of company directors; board of directors; shareholders
- Types of business organisations e.g. limited companies, PLCs, partnerships etc; liabilities of owners and management
- How companies are formed e.g. incorporation, memoranda and articles of association
- Internal management of companies: AGM, EGM, board of directors etc.
- Raising capital; shares and dividends
- Ways of resolving disputes: arbitration, mediation, adjudication Mergers and acquisitions; friendly / hostile take-overs
- Insolvency and winding up companies; bankruptcy and liquidation Procedures
Competition law and regulation of business activities which are anti-competitive e.g. monopolies, cartels; price-fixing
Regulation of mergers: horizontal and vertical
- Basic principles
- Formation of a contract - offer, acceptance, consideration, intention
- Drafting and negotiating contracts; form of a contract - essential terms; express and implied terms; standard clauses; exclusion and limitation clauses;
- Assignment and third-party rights
- Commercial contracts: structure
- Licensing agreements; commercial leases
- Breach of contract and remedies; types of damages
- Void or unenforceable contracts
Sale of Goods
Standard terms and conditions in sale of goods contracts
Transfer / retention of title
Warranties and breach of warranty e.g. fitness for purpose
Rights and obligations of debtors and creditors
Documents representing right to credit or payment: promissory notes, cheques, letter of credit, bills of exchange etc.
Impact of e-commerce: electronic negotiable instruments
Law relating to measures giving credit to borrowers and security to lenders as in e.g. loans
Buying and selling commercial property - freehold, leasehold Rights and obligations of tenants and landlords
Copyright and patents; design rights; trade marks and domain names' branding
Remedies for infringement of intellectual property rights (damages, injunctions)
Contracts of employment; terms and conditions of employment
Dismissal: unfair, discriminatory, redundancy
Protecting the environment - legal frameworks (implementation, monitoring, compliance and enforcement)
International treaties and conventions Sanctions, damages, injunctions
Persona de contacto: INFO 968 23 33 23