Introduction to SQL and relational databases with OracleCity University London
En Islington (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Basic IT training
What will I learn?
- Database management systems and the relational model;
- Basic design and entity-relationship modeling;
- The SQL*Plus environment: editing using the buffer and Oracle scripting;
- Data manipulation language: select statements; filtering rows with where, using predicate logic (and, or and not operators);
- Using (inner, equi-) joins to extract data from more than one table;
- Oracle functions and statements: text functions and conversion functions; nesting functions; the describe statement;
- Report writing: formatting output using SQL and SQL*Plus;
- Data definition language: creating tables, altering tables, dropping tables;
- Data manipulation language: inserting, updating, deleting and copying rows in a table;
- Views: creating views, describing views, dropping views;
- SQL Aggregate functions, group by and having the SQL standard and Oracle-specific SQL;
- Review of differences in key SQL statements between vendors.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Use command-line based operating environments;
- Understand the basic of database theory and design;
- Manipulate and define data in tables using SQL
- Use effectively core features of Oracle's SQL*Plus utility;
- Gain enough basic knowledge to explore and learn more SQL independently.
Teaching and Assessment
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.