Occupational Health And Safety Courses - NEBOSH TrainingThe Knowledge Academy
£999 - ($816.792)
- Cardiff (Gales)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Health and Safety Management
Occupational Health Safety
The NEBOSH National General Certificate (NGC1) in Occupational Health and Safety is the first module of the leading qualification worldwide . Many people take the NEBOSH General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
This module is for those who are looking to complete the NEBOSH Construction Course or the NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management course, and have not completed the NGC1 in the last 5 years.
There is no pre-requisite.
Who should attend?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is for:
- People who need a broad knowledge of Health and Safety issues.
- Suitable for managers, supervisors and operational staff.
What will you learn?
Upon successful completion of the NEBOSH NGC1 course you will have gained:
- A thorough appreciation of health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Knowledge of the principles of risk management.
- Ability to develop an effective safety system within your organisation.
- A range of useful skills to take back to the workplace.
- Friendships and useful contacts with other like-minded delegates from a cross section of companies.
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
Element 1: Foundations in Health and Safety
- The scope and nature of occupational health and safety
- The moral and financial reasons for promoting good standards of health and safety
- The legal framework for the regulation of health and safety including sources and types of law
- The scope, duties and offences of employers, managers, employees and others under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The scope, duties and offences of employers, managers, employees and others under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- The legal and organisational health and safety roles and responsibilities of clients and their contractors
Element 2: Health and Safety Management Systems 1 - Policy
- Key elements of a health and safety management system
- Purpose and importance of setting policy for health and safety
- Key features and appropriate content of an effective health and safety policy
Element 3: Health and Safety Management Systems 2 - Organising
- Organisational health and safety roles and responsibilities of employers, directors and managers
- Concept of health and safety culture and its significance in the management of health and safety in an organisation
- Human factors which influence behaviour at work
- How health and safety behaviour at work can be improved
- Emergency procedures and the arrangements for contacting emergency services
- Requirements for, and effective provision of, first-aid in the workplace
Element 4: Health and Safety Management Systems 3 - Planning
- Importance of planning
- Principles and practice of risk assessment
- General principles of control and a basic hierarchy of risk reduction measures
- Sources of health and safety information
- Factors that should be considered when developing and implementing a safe system of work for general work activities
- Role and function of a permit-to-work system
Element 5: Health and Safety Management Systems 4 - Measuring, Audit and Review
- Active and reactive monitoring
- Health and safety auditing
- Investigating incidents
- Recording and reporting incidents
- Review of health and safety performance
Training course d elivered by Phoenix HSC (UK) Limited
- The NEBOSH Course is Fully Accredited
- GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICE IN THE INDUSTRY
- The NEBOSH Course Includes Pre-Course Material, Manuals & Certificate
- Qualification is Recognised Worldwide
- Learn the Fundamentals of Health & Safety at Work
- Become an Expert in Management of Health & Safety
- Small Class Sizes for optimum delegate-trainer interaction
- Courses delivered by World Class NEBOSH Training instructors
- NEBOSH Training in Luxury Nationwide Venues
- Book Online or Call 01344 203999 to speak to a NEBOSH Training advisor today