Pain and Symptom Management in Palliative CareAnglia Ruskin University
Precio a consultar
- Cambridge (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Skills and Training
Learn about pain and symptom management in the context of palliative and end of life care. Enhance your skills in the management of pain and the relief of symptoms. Gain a better understanding of pharmacological intervention. Help patients and their families achieve a better quality of life.
Managing a patient’s pain and symptoms is at the heart of good palliative care. This course enables practitioners working with patients in any care setting to enhance their skills in pain management and the relief of suffering.
You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of effective strategies for the relief of pain and symptoms. You’ll explore the concept of ‘total pain’ and the associated notion of suffering. You’ll learn about pharmacological interventions and the value of the multi-disciplinary team.
You will develop your ability to:
- critically apply in-depth knowledge to the management of pain and symptoms in palliative and end of life care
- analyse pain and symptom management
- develop strategies for improving the quality of life of the dying patient
- provide a focal point of resources in your practice area.
- Evidence based practice
- The use of opioid analgesia in palliative care
- The management of nausea & vomiting
- Respiratory symptoms & their palliation
- The management of other refractory symptoms
- Total pain