BSc in PsychologyAston University
Precio a consultar
- Birmingham (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
Health and Social Care
- Undergraduate degree accredited by the British Psychology Society (BPS), the first step towards becoming a fully-qualified psychologist
- A wide variety of relevant professional psychology placement/sandwich year opportunities.
Students have recently secured placements with GSK, Birmingham and Solihull NHS and CAMHS to name a few
4 years full-time BSc Psychology with integrated placement year or 3 years full-time.
UCAS Code: C800 and C801
Please note you do not need to apply for both options through UCAS. Both undergraduate degrees have the same entry requirements and if needed you can change during enrolment or your first year.
- A Level: ABB
- IB: 32 points
- Access to HE: Access to Science or Social Science are considered from mature applicants only (aged 21+) on an individual basis.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: D plus two A Levels at grade AB
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science, Social Science or Health and Social Care: DD plus A level at grade A (excluding General Studies)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science, Social Science or Health and Social Care: D*DD.
- International Foundation Programme in Science (Aston University)
- Foundation Programme in Science (Aston University)
Specific subject requirements
- A Level/AS: Science subject/subjects welcomed, but not essential. General Studies not accepted.
- GCSE: At least five GCSEs at grade C or above including two sciences or double award science at grade C, English at grade C and Maths at grade B (Maths can be considered at grade C when also taking Psychology or Maths at A Level).
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: In Applied Science, Social Science or Health and Social Care
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: accepted together with two A levels at grade AB
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma: accepted with one A level (excluding general studies) at grade A
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements
Whilst the grades listed here are our entry requirements, we understand that predicted grades are only an estimate. We will therefore consider applicants for our undergraduate degree programmes with predicted grades that fall below these entry requirements if the application is of a high standard. However, any offer made will not be lower than stated above.
- We welcome applications from students who have taken BTEC qualifications as a first option and who have met our other requirements.
- We do not consider applications from students who are unsuccessful in obtaining the required number and/or standard of A-levels for admission to our programmes and subsequently embark on a BTEC as a second option. Instead we would encourage you to resit your A-levels (see our resit policy below).
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking a maximum of one set of resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications. However, if you have had more than one attempt at improving your grades, your application will be considered on an individual basis and we reserve to make an amended (higher) offer, or not make an offer.
Please note, your full educational background is taken into account and all qualifications are considered when we make a decision on your application.
£9,000 (£1,000 during placement year) for UK/EU students (2016-17).
£13,800 for International students (2016-17).
Applicants receiving offers are invited to an open day.