Project Management: An IntroductionCity University London
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
IT Project Management
- Understand basic project management terminology, methodology and the role of project manager;
- Understand the fundamentals of Gantt charts, Critical Path Analysis and PERT;
- Appreciate why projects fail and how failure can be avoided;
- Appreciate the effect of project management on third parties;
- Understand how to produce a project plan with effective budgeting;
- Understand project management in terms of its project plan construction, identification of appropriate milestones, budget, and consideration of effective project review;
- Outline basic tools and techniques of risk analysis and management.
Week 1: Overview of the course, project management and terminology, the project lifecycle.
Week 2: Effective project teamwork, managing stakeholders.
Week 3: Team development, project stages and project planning.
Week 4: Budgeting and scheduling, Critical Path methodology.
Week 5: Project control and Earned Value.
Week 6: Risk management and effective negotiation.
Week 7: Causes of project failure and how this can be avoided.
Week 8: Effective meeting management and project closure.
Week 9: Making use of Microsoft Project, an introduction (computer lab session).
Week 10: Project presentations.
Teaching and Assessment
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions as guided by your tutor.