Wellbeing in Dementia MattersCity University London
En Islington (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendes en este curso?
What will I learn?
- Understand that how a person experiences dementia depends on many factors, including their physical make-up, emotional resilience, the medication they take and the support they can rely on.
- Learn simple techniques to help support the person’s – and their own self-esteem through good compassionate and relational practice.
- Explore the psyco-social issues connected with the negative aspects of dementia: fatigue, pain, confusion, delirium, depression, distress, frustration, anger and bereavement.
- Consider issues and techniques to better support and enable the person to maintain a independent quality of life for as long as possible.
- Consider the importance of nutrition, hydration, exercise and lifestyle on the person’s experience and techniques to help the person maintain good health throughout the dementia journey.
- Explore how the needs of both the person with dementia and their carer/s also change as the person becomes increasingly frail and dependent.
- Consider how at the end of life, connection relies on feelings, body language and other, unspoken communication with techniques that validate the person and their emotional state.